WE WILL HOLD OUR MONTHLY MEETING ON JULY 8TH, AT THE KIRK ROAD PAVILION.
THE MEETING WILL START AT 6:00 p.m. Bring your "Brown Bag" supper and a drink, if you care to. It's time for a face to face, but at a distance. Hope to see you there!!!
Reminder for members
Please send me your non-club COVID miles for the period between May 26 -June 25.
We need to tally up how well our club is doing this year.
Every mile counts towards our total.
This is an opportunity to have an all time club record of total miles and a record number of members riding.
Last year we had 93 riders and 87,759 miles. Hoping to top 100,00 miles and 100 riders for the first time ever!
If you did not report the period between March 17th and April 25 th or
April 26th to May 25, there is still time.
Please reply to this post or email:
Thank you. Let’s make 2020 a record year. All non- club rides count as COVID miles. !!
OSW miles chairperson
Greetings from the Executive Board!
Officially, the ride schedule reopened June 7th for club rides. The health and safety of our riders is our main concern. Please continue to follow the guidelines set forth.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home. By showing up for the ride, you are assuming responsibility for your own health and safety.
- SIGN IN - The ride leader will manage the “Sign In” for group rides, so they will be the only one handling the pen and sign in sheet. All riders must check in prior to the ride and provide your name and emergency contact number, as always. Maintain the 6-foot distancing.
- RIDING - Ride groups will be in numbers of 10. If more riders show up, the group will be divided into a second group. Each group will start at a different interval. The ride leader will appoint ride leader #2, to lead the second group, if necessary.
- SPACING - Riders should maintain the minimum of 6 feet of separation from other riders while on the ride. If the group stops for a break, continue to maintain the social distancing suggestion of 6 feet.
- BREAKS - If the group stops for a break, continue to maintain the social distancing suggestion of 6 feet. Bring your mask and hand sanitizer. Even though you may be not be wearing a mask, please keep in mind that everyone has a different comfort level and consideration of others is of the utmost importance. Please take no offense if you are asked to put your mask on.
- At this time, no guests or non-members are permitted on official club rides.
Join us for a week of cycling and sightseeing in Cape Cod, MA September 6 - 12, 2020 Click the link below for information.
EVENTS FOR OSW MEMBERS ONLY!
Listed are Events for the next 2 weeks. To see future events, click on the event calendar on the top menu bar.
Ride Pace and distance are included in all rides descriptions.
This information is set by the ride leader. Please check this when deciding which rides you prefer.
Leisurely: 9-11 mph
Low Moderate: 11-13
Mid Moderate: 12-14
High Moderate 13-15
A video of the creation and formative years of OSW. 1977
If OSW does not receive your renewal by April 30th, you will be automatically dropped from our active member list. Therefore no miles will credited and you will not receive ride event emails or newsletters.
CLUB JERSEY MERCHANDISE:
PLEASE EMAIL NEIL BETTS WITH YOUR ORDER. DETAILS BELOW.
OSW Club Jersey Order
There are two styles of jerseys. The Sprint or (Club Style), a looser fitting jersey with regular sleeve and the Peloton which is a trimmer fit and has raglan sleeves. Both have full length zippers. OSW cycling shorts can also be ordered if we can get an order for five or more.
Email Neil Betts at NBetts@neo.rr.com and he will email you an order form or see Neil at the any Club meeting, and he will have order forms with him. All orders have to be paid for when ordering. Please make checks out to Neil Betts. There may be a small charge for shipping.
Cost of Club Cycling wear is as follows:
Sprint Jerseys $55.00
Peloton Jerseys $65.00
Peloton Shorts $65.00
Questions call Neil Betts 330-240-2271
for pictures and sizing Charts
for order form
If you have not received a renewal email, or have membership questions, please contact Jan at Membership@outspokinwheelmen.com
If you cannot remember your username or need your password reset, contact Lyn at Miles@outspokinwheelmen.com
Enter the web addresses for the appropriate boxes to link to. Enter in the whole URL, including http://. (e.g. http://www.google.com)